CM1000 offers enhanced transfer rates of data which is up to 1Gbps, it comes compatible with the service of Comcast cable internet and supports a range of bandwidth-intensive tasks like downloading of large files, multimedia streaming and much more at the same time.
This modem comes with both, a Gigabit Ethernet port and a coaxial connector so it’s installation is very simple. After installation, a user can benefit from DOCSIS 3.0 and DOCSIS 3.1 support delivering numerous channels for immediate and rapid network connection.
Net gear has incorporated in this modem DOCSIS Quality of Service(QoS) mechanism to assure network resources are distributed to cover better bandwidth-intensive tasks for a promising online experience.
Internet speed is boosted by DOCSIS 3.1 technology, vastly curtailing latency for gaming and user experience improved for high-speed apps such as virtual or augmented reality.
NETGEAR CM1000 DOCSIS 3.1 delivers a high-speed cable internet connection with up to 1Gbps speed and a Gigabit Ethernet port is responsible to give faster access and downloads.
Why Buy Your Own Modem?
- Save money: Monthly rental fees can be eliminated which costs up to $168 or more per year.
- Wifi Limit: You can freely choose any router and connect it for your home’s Wifi need.
What is the working mechanism?
For connection to other wireless gadgets, CM1000 Ultra High-Speed Modem can be connected directly to a wireless router or any computer.
- The cable of Ultra-High Speed
- Modem—DOCSIS 3.1 (CM1000)
- Ethernet cable
- Guide for a quick start
- Power adapter
- 1- Year Limited Warranty
Netgear CM1000 Specs:
- Ethernet Port 1 Gigabit Auto-sensing port
- Transfer Rate Up to 1 Gbps Downloading speed
- Channels DOCSIS 3.1
- 2 OFDM downstream
- 2 OFDM upstream channels
- DOCSIS 3.0
- 32 downstream
- 8 upstream
- DOCSIS Support Up to DOCSIS 3.1
System Requirements Comcast cable broadband Internet service
- Port 1 Gigabit LAN Ethernet
- 1 WAN coaxial cable connection
- Weight 0.84 lb / 380 g
- Step 1: Insert the coax cable into your modem.
- Step 2: Start the activation either by Connecting the ethernet cable to your computer and proceed with the steps shown on screen or Calling your cable provider for the activation over the phone.
- Step 3: Insert the ethernet cable between your modem and your Wi-Fi router.
CM1000 shows compatibility with all the main cable providers like Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, and COX. It can also swap modems. Shows no problems.
While having compatibility with major cable providers, it is not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirectTV, DISH, and other cable bundled voice services.
- Stream HD videos with download speed up to 1 Gbps, high-speed gaming online and downloads much faster.
- DOCSIS 3.0 connections provide 32 downstream and 8 upstream channels.
- DOCSIS 3.1 connections provide fast and credible Internet access with 2 OFDM downstream and 2 OFDM upstream channels.
- Not compatible with bundled cable voice services but functions with XFINITY from Comcast.
- CD-less simple installation.
- Provides memory of 128 MB NAND flash and 256 MB RAM.
- Quality of service (QoS): DOCSIS
- Provides IPv6 support with internet protocol version 6.
- Get connected without a service call with the fast self-activation web-based XFINITY costumers.
- Fast wired Gigabit Ethernet port speeds up the connection to the modem with your router or computer.
- Own your cable equipment and avoid monthly rental charges from your Internet provider and save your money over time.
- Ventilates well.
- Easy set up to Cable Modem.
- As long as your signal levels are on the plus side, your modem works quick and reliable.
- Shows compatibility with Xfinity from Comcast, Cox, Mediacom Cable, and so much more.
- Favors speed up to 1 Gbps with cable internet plans.
- Product friendly price.
- Multiplayer gaming, internet speed ultra-reliable, 4K HD streaming, and much more.
- Can not access to Spectrum Analyzer.
- Randomly disconnects when it can not update the firmware yourself.
- An adaptor is a must to buy while having a Mac laptop as it doesn’t contain a network port.
- Having correctable as well as uncorrectable errors.
- It doesn’t show compatibility with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirectTV, DISH, and other bundled voice services.
- The software provided with both the boxes comes with the latest updates but unrecognizable internet service.
- Connection keeps dropping in the modem.
- Delivers a not future-proof, only 1 x Gigabit Ethernet Port.
- A RAM of only 256 MB.
- A Built-in Wi-fi router is not available.
Net gear CM1000 is an ultra-high-speed cable modem that delivers a connection to ultra-high-speed cable internet up to 1 Gbps.
In industry, it is the first DOCSIS 3.1 cable which is Labs certified modem and it is 10x faster then the previous model 3.0. Both the modems are ready for today’s service plans and future upgrades for the cable providers.
You can enjoy ultra HD streaming with 2×2 OFDM or 32×8 channel bonding providing the fastest download speed during peak hours too. You can save up to 120 per year by excluding the rental fees of Internet service providers. It is extremely ideal for an internet plan up to 300Mbps and above. And the favorable thing is that it is certified with Xfinity, Mediacom, Cox, and Comcast.